A deposit of 50% is required to secure your reservation and are confirmed upon receipt of deposit.
For certain special events and holidays, payments in full are due 60 days prior to arrival and are non-refundable. Holidays and special events, require minimum stays and maybe subject to rate changes, please check.
All cabins are smoke free and are equipped with cigarette smoke indicators. For all smokers, please dispose of cigarette butts properly to keep our preserve litter free. If it is determined that your cabin has been smoked in, an additional cleaning fee of $100 will be assessed.
Outside of normal wear and tear, all guests are responsible for caring for our furniture, fixtures, or any other assets on our grounds; including, kayaks, paddles, BBQ pits and hammocks as if it were your own. In the event damage occurs a damage assessment fee will be applied. CANDLES, ETC. Sorry folks, our fire and insurance code do not allow candles and other flammable objects in accommodations. I'm sure you understand.
During your stay, all guests are asked to keep the grounds litter free; PLEASE use the trash bins provided for empty cans, etc... Upon departure, we ask all guests to strip bedding, start towels to wash and bag trash. Do not leave any food or bait on the porches as the critters will find it. Guest are to drop trash in our little blue garbage house by the Garden Lane gate as you depart. PACK TRASH TIGHTLY, NO HOLES/LEAKS. This will greatly assist our cleaning staff as we have a short window between rentals. If an extra ordinary amount of cleaning is required, an additional $50 fee will apply. This helps us keep our cleaning fees manageable and assists us with time as we have a later than usual "check-out time" and a short window between rentals.
Deposits are not refundable however; if notice is given 30 days prior to the original reservation dates and the rental property is re-booked for the same dates, the deposit may be applied to a future stay, this transfer of deposit can only be transferred one time. If you have rescheduled from a prior cancellation more than once a new deposit will be required. Check-in/Check-out:
Check-in 4 pm and checkout 12 pm, or by prior arrangement.
GUESTS ARE REMINDED TO LEAVE THEIR BALANCE DUE ON THE KITCHEN TABLE OR YOU CREDIT CARD ON FILE WILL BE CHARGED THE BALANCE.Pet Policy:
This is a great environment for pets. We have decided to once again allow pets with a non-refundable pet fee. However, pets must be kept on leashes at all times while walking them on grounds and in kennels should you need to leave the cabin for an extended period of time. If you are in need of a kennel, may we suggest "Mary's House", a PET bed and breakfast. It's located at 827 West 21 Ave. Covington, LA 70433 985-892-6793.The Meadow Cabin is the most appropriate cabin for guests with children. No children under the age of 7 are permitted in Chalet for safety reasons.
WILL HELP TO ASSURE YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY. THIS IS NOT A HOTEL OR GOLF RESORT. YOU ARE IN THE WOODS AND ON A NATURAL RIVER.
1. You may not see any but nature includes things like poison ivy, red ants, spiders and snakes. Trails may have animal or erosion holes. Watch your step and be a good scout.
2. The river when at normal low is delightful; however, use it at your own risk as there may be deep parts or unseen obstructions like stumps or limbs. When the river is at low levels, you’ll find beautiful white beaches at the end of the hardwood bottomland trail or (cross over the arched bridge on our Cooper Rd drive) or across from the River Chalet's deck. If interested in kayaking, please be sure to notify us in advance as we have a limited number of kayaks.
3. In summer, bright interior lights may attract insects. Inside dimmers are on most switches, and you can turn on outside floodlights (switch in living room) and dim inside lights for more outdoor vision.
4. By reserving one of our cabins you are accepting responsibility for yourself and your guests if any injury or accident should take place – not caused by our own gross negligence, of course. Best of all, we just want you to take caution to avoid any mishap and have a wonderful time.
5. Guests like our quiet custom, soothing silence or soft music good for relaxing and communing. Please respect other guests spaces.
6. We hope you hear a barred owl in the woods tonight or see a red-shouldered hawk in the morning and more stars or fireflies at the pond than you have ever seen!
7. In winter, please build fire only in wood stove or barbecue grill. We ask that you not pick flowers or dig plants. Some are rare.
If you need us call (office) 985-796-5257. Loretta or Blaine
While your here, please take the time to sign our guest book and share your pics and experience on our Facebook page here