Payment/Deposits: A deposit of 60% is required to secure your reservation and are confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Our standards rates cover listed cover you for up to 4 guest. Any number over 4 there is a $25 per person, per night charge. Be sure to list the proper number of guest at the time your reservations and the system will automatically calculate the new nightly rate. NOTICE: In the event more guest do not indicate the proper the number of guest a maximum guest charge for each cabin will apply. (9 for the River Chalet and 8 for the Meadow Cabin). Any guest with day visitors that utilize the grounds (kayakying, fishing, hiking, biking) will be assessed a $25 per per, per day. NOT more than 2 day guest per cabin.
Please call for rates on our Legacy Retreat and Event Center.
For certain special events and holidays, payments in full are due 60 days prior to arrival and are non-refundable. Holidays and special events, require minimum stays and maybe subject to rate changes, please check.
Day Guest Fee:
There is a $25 per person per person per day fee that will be charged for day visitors. Prior approval to be cleared with the office, there are limits. Guest are responsible for for reporting the number of day visitors to the office for approval. By law we are required to know the number of guest on our grounds at all times. Any guest caught violating this policy can be asked to leave the grounds immediately without a refund.
All cabins are smoke free and are equipped with cigarette smoke indicators. For all smokers, please dispose of cigarette butts properly to keep our preserve litter free. If it is determined that your cabin has been smoked in, an additional cleaning fee of $100 will be assessed. For the enjoyment of all guest and everyone's safety this policy is strickly enforced.
Outside of normal wear and tear, all guests are responsible for caring for our furniture, fixtures, or any other assets on our grounds; including, kayaks, paddles, BBQ pits and hammocks, as if it were your own. In the event damage occurs a damage assessment fee will be applied. CANDLES are NOT allowed.
Sorry folks, our fire and insurance code prohibit the use of candles and other flammable objects in our accommodations. I'm sure you understand.
During your stay, all guests are asked to keep the grounds litter free (including cigarettes butts); PLEASE use the trash bins provided for empty cans, etc... Upon departure, we ask all guests to strip bedding, start the dishwashers and start towels to wash. Bag and dispose of trash. The trash depository building is located just inside the main gate (Garden Lane Gate). Do not leave any food or bait on the porches as the critters will find it. Guest are to drop trash in our little blue garbage house just inside the Garden Lane gate as you depart. PACK TRASH TIGHTLY, NO HOLES/LEAKS. This will greatly assist our cleaning staff and to keep cleaning fees at a minimum. Guest who choose to NOT start their towels or the dishwasher will be accessed $50, bring the cleaning fee total to $125. If an extra ordinary amount of cleaning is required, an additional $50 fee will apply.
Cancellations: Deposits are not refundable however; if notice is given 30 days prior to the original reservation dates and the rental property is re-booked for the same dates, the deposit may be applied to a future stay, this transfer of deposit can only be transferred one time. If you have rescheduled from a prior cancellation more than once a new deposit will be required.
Check-in 4 pm and checkout 11 am, or by prior arrangement.
Balances are due PRIOR to check-in. Please call to confirm if it is NOT ok to use the card your reservations was booked with otherwise that card will be charged the balance.
We are a pet friendly facility except in the Tree Top Loft unit. Pets in this unit. are NOT allowed, strickly enforced. THERE IS A 25 LB LIMIT in all other units. Also only (1) ONE pet per reservation is allowed. A non-refundable ($50) pet fee will be required. Pets are required to be on leashes at ALL times during walks on grounds. You will also be required to bring a kennel to kennel your pet in the event you should need to leave the cabin for extended period. Any pet damage will be assessed.
The Meadow Cabin is the most appropriate cabin for guests with children. No children under the age of 5 are permitted in River Chalet for safety reasons. Give us a call if you have questions.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS WILL HELP TO ASSURE YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY. THIS IS NOT A HOTEL OR GOLF RESORT. YOU ARE IN THE WOODS AND ON A NATURAL RIVER IN NATURE.
1. You may not see any but nature includes things like poison ivy, red ants, spiders and snakes. Trails may have animal or erosion holes. Watch your step and be a good scout.
2. The river when at normal low is delightful; however, use it at your own risk as there may be deep parts or unseen obstructions like trees, stumps or limbs. When the river is at low levels, you’ll find beautiful white beaches up and down the river.
3. In summer, bright interior lights may attract insects. Inside dimmers are on most switches, and you can turn on outside floodlights (switch in living room) and dim inside lights for more outdoor vision.
4. By reserving one of our cabins you are accepting responsibility for yourself and your guests if any injury or accident should take place – not caused by our own gross negligence, of course. Best of all, we just want you to take caution to avoid any mishap and have a wonderful time.
5. Guests like our quiet custom, soothing silence or soft music good for relaxing and communing. Please respect other guests spaces.
6. In winter, please build fire only in wood stove and/or fireplaces inside the cabins or barbecue grill. Outdoor fires only allowed in designated fire pit at the beach at the pond.
7. We ask that you not pick flowers or dig plants. Some are rare.
8. Leave no trace that you've been on trails. Please be mindful of litter.
If you need us call (office) 985-796-5257. More information and maps are located in each cabin. Loretta or Blaine are the owners, Cali is an Assistant.